Over the weekend, Alex and I visited his family in Devon. It's pretty great being able to go 'home' for a weekend even when I'm in England.
On Saturday we went for a walk on Dartmoor. After being in London for so long, it's pretty incredible to spend some time looking at such a beautiful landscape.
that really is a beautiful landscape!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! I remember being in Australia over Thanksgiving, and instead of spending the evening in the van I was living out of, some locals took me in and cooked me a "traditional American Thanksgiving" and it made me so happy. I'm sure it felt cozy to go "home". :)
ReplyDeleteAw that's such a sweet story! I'm glad you shared it, I've always wanted to travel that way, but I'm sure you sometimes need a break and need to be somewhere more homey.
Deleteben howard is from devon - my heart just skipped a beat when i read you went there. :D a bit obsessed these days.
ReplyDeletelooks like a lovely place.
It really is lovely! I don't know Ben Howard, but I will have to check him out now! In fact just clicked on the video you have on your blog today!
DeleteAw, that first photo makes me homesick. Most of the UK looks exactly like that, and it's just a certain combination of green and grey that I don't get here in the US.
ReplyDeleteAw pictures really do strike a chord with homesickness, don't they? I always feel that way when I see pictures of Philly.
Deletewhat a beautiful place! i love the green green field. remind me of the weasleys's house, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHaha that is a good comparison!
Delete