Thursday, 4 July 2013

Flying



When I was a kid, I loved to fly.
To be among the clouds, to be one of the specs I so often watched fly above me, wondering what exciting adventures the people aboard were embarking upon, I found absolutely fascinating.

Now that I travel so much more, many aspects are frustrating. Airports are a pretty terrible place to spend time, and there's always rushing, and waiting around, and lots of stress.

But once I get on the plane, a little bit of that childish excitement always returns.
I still always look out the window as the plane takes off. 
I love to watch the city I'm leaving grow smaller and smaller, until all I can see is clouds.

8 comments:

  1. i agree that watching the city grow smaller is a magical thing, but in general.. i hate flying! it gives me weird feelings in my stomach and i'm scared pretty much the whole time :p maybe it's because i only went on a plane for the first time when i was 20?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could definitely be it, although my sister started flying when I did, and flies as much if not more than I do, but hates it and is so scared. Ha she'll be sitting next to me cringing while I'm grinning looking all around. I guess it's just a personal thing sometimes.

      Delete
  2. that's one thing i love about flying too. watching all the ground beneath me drown. it's just amazing seeing all the things that are so big seem to be so small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! it puts everything into a different perspective which is so incredible.

      Delete
  3. I remember thinking of flying in clouds as kid. This thing is still with me, whenever I see a plane far in the sky, I feel a tune in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to imagine myself on the clouds while watching them from plan windows. And spend lots of time wondering about the individual stories of the people on far away planes.

      Delete
  4. I agree, it is an incredibly magical feeling to watch a real city turn into a toy town. I think it really helps to put things in perspective. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! I love the way you've described it as turning from a real city into a toy town.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you've got to say, and will leave responses below your comments.