Sunday, 15 September 2013

Roses



22 comments:

  1. Oh my word I love the idea of sharing roses and thorns. It sounds so much prettier than positives and negatives. My week has been a thorny one but last night I found out a really good friend of mine isn't moving away and we get to live together instead! So that was a very big rose this week.

    I love this.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I absolutely love this idea :) the idea of roses and thorns is just beautiful (I'm jealous I did not come up with this!) I have also recently had a conversation with myself about appreciating my surroundings more (Paris) so i hope everything goes well with you in regards to discovering London - enjoy it! Moving abroad takes a certain commitment on our part once we've got to grips with the little cultural quirks of the new place (and tried out all the local gastronomy - or maybe that's just greedy little me!) Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely not looking forward to the cold weather approaching - but we did have the most relaxing and chilled out Saturday on the couch watching tv with the rain going crazy outside. It was pretty perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it!! And I'm glad to hear there was an awesome rose amidst your thorny week! Hope this one will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! Although I can't take credit for coming up with it, it's just something I grew up doing. You're right, there are a lot of aspects to living abroad (and I definitely agree about the local gastronomy!). But thanks, I really hope to appreciate London more this year, and I hope you'll be able to do the same with Paris! (And that you'll blog about it so I can experience the city through you :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound perfectly cozy :). Those are the moments that make me think that maybe the cold weather isn't SO bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rosie! For some reason I always find it comforting to talk about it that way. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you love fog London is definitely the city for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo! You baked a pumpkin pie! I need to do the same. I think it might be mush if I did but I might as well give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trust me Lindley, if I can do it you can too!! I'm definitely no expert baker, but it was fairly easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you thought about creating a Roses & Thorns linkup? I love the creativity in that expression. In my second au pair job, my kids and I did highs & lows each day. It was a great way to spark conversation with them over dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love these posts, they're so cheerful rather than having a moan about things :)
    Lauren

    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you call it roses and thorns, that's a good way of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is amazing! Thanks for leaving that amazing comment on my blog! You really made my day!
    www.livefearless01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you settle in to your new flat well! And hopefully the weather doesn't get you down, there's still plenty of lovely things to do when it's rainy and cold (mainly snuggling under a duvet, but that's fun!)


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It still hasn't gotten cold here - it's actually still too hot! I'm jealous of your London explorations, I feel like it's one of those cities you can never explore enough - keep us updated!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom always used the rose and thorn analogy and I love that you're using it here. :)
    I'd love to visit London someday! I do hope you get to explore it fully. I'm also eyeing that Photoshop Lightroom 5 so may the best (wo)man win! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm jealous that it's hot where you are (even if it is too hot)! I totally agree, I feel like I'll never be done exploring London. Will definitely give many updates!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw I love that she used it too! It's my favorite way to talk about these things. I hope you do get the change to visit London sometime, be sure to let me know if you do! And I've actually already won the photoshop, sorry! Hope you manage to get your hands on one soon as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely, and I need to remind myself that this kind of weather doesn't mean I can't have a great week anyway. Thank you, I was quite surprised and excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow congrats! I've actually never won anything from any blog giveaway ever. I guess I'm not as lucky as you!

    By the way I nominated you for an award over on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you will at some point! & Thank you so much, headed over to see now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you've got to say, and will leave responses below your comments.