Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Summer Reflections

I've been having the 'summer-went-by-so-fast' conversation a lot.

Truth is, it's not the speed, but the absence of doing so many of the things I had planned. It's not that it went by too fast, it's just that part of me must have been hoping there would be an extra week hidden away somewhere so that I could live out my summer the way I had pictured it. 

So far, that does not seem to be the case. So instead I'm trying to focus on all of the great things I did do, and all of the things I have to look forward to.




25 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted this summer >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like summer went by fast, but I love Fall so much that I don't mind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally an Autumn person so I am ready for summer to be over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. come and visit me here then. everyday is summer in the city i live in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely know this feeling! But the autumn will definitely be good :)


    hmmmmmaybe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in a city that is vibrant and alive during the summer, with a different festival almost every weekend. I was so excited to attend all the different festivals... But my weekends were mostly taken by my second job. I attended three whole festivals this summer, including one over Labor Day weekend and one not even in my city, but in my boyfriend's town. It's hard for me not to resent my second job when I feel like it ruined my summer, which just makes me briefly bitter about having a preexisting condition so that I can't get my own health insurance, but I have to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so easy to let the time go by without making the best use of it :/ but the important thing is to realize & keep trying to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good! I don't mind fall, but I dread winter so much that I'm just disappointed as soon as the weather starts to cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 100% a summer person! But it seems like a lot of people are very excited for the fall, so I'm happy for you guys and trying to get the same joy out of it as you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds amazing, I wish I could visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard not to feel a bit resentful when you can identify things which have held you back in whatever way. I hope that you're fall will be better than your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes there's so much to look forward to! we're just starting our summer here in san francisco. september and october are always the best months.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's good that you're focusing on the things you did do :) the first photo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love that picture on the beach. That feels like summer; easy and free and alive. I feel like all everyone is saying is that summer is gone. Yes, I am excited for fall but let's not rush the death of summer. She has a few more weeks! Here's to a few more lazy days!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah I'm jealous! I've never been to San Francisco but I've always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks D, it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Emma! Ah I agree, we are all so focused on fall approaching, but I would definitely rather enjoy what's left of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A much better way of looking at things. Love youu.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exactly! Think of all the fun things you did do during your vacation, that is so much more important

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got to do a lot of fun things this summer but not EVERYTHING I wanted, unfortunately. There's always next summer, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's definitely true! And I'm sure there will be plenty to do during the fall as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like it has been fabulous! Although they do seem to fly by don't they...x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you've got to say, and will leave responses below your comments.