Friday, 23 August 2013

Kale Pesto

The day of my birthday (having gone out to celebrate the night before) my friend Jess and I woke up hungover, sleepy, a little whiny, and in definite need of a good lunch. Luckily the newspaper that day had an awesome collection of recipes involving kale. We quickly decided that kale pesto would make the perfect meal, and it definitely did not disappoint.

I've never posted recipes before, but this one was too good not to share.
If we're going to be completely honest here... I ate all the leftover pesto with a spoon last time. It's that good.



This batch came out a little bit chunky because I was just using a blender instead of a food processor. Luckily I was happy with the outcome either way! 

19 comments:

  1. This looks pretty tasty. I've never had kale before though, so who knows if I would actually like it. Following along from the Aloha Friday blog hop!


    Tiffany Khyla
    tiffanykhyla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious - adding it to my list of recipes i want to try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks quite tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks luscious! I am behind anything with kale but never thought about turning it into pesto. After I go through my bushel of basil, I'm totally making this kale pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, looks great, cant go wrong with pesto it makes almost anything taste better, love hangover food haha foudn your blog on Fresh face friday bloghop =]

    A Golden State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tiffany, thanks for stopping by! I think it's worth a try! I think it can vary depending on the kind of kale you use, but the first time I made it you could barely taste the kale at all, it was more just pesto with a little something extra haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know if you give it a try, I hope you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never would have though of it on my own either! Definitely let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha I agree good hangover food is really important. And you're totally right that it's hard to go wrong with pesto! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma Jane Phelps24 August 2013 at 22:47

    Oh pesto is my weakness! I have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally making this! i have been looking for good easy kale recipes that aren't salads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! I am so making this, I love Kale, but have ran out of recipes for it! (ok so maybe I was only making Kale crisps all the time, but they're seriously tasty!)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pesto too. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you like it! It seems like there are a ton of kale recipes floating around right now so I'm sure you could find other ones too! If I come across any more good ones I'll send them your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well kale crips are pretty great so I don't blame you! But I hope you enjoy this use of kale as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too, and yes it's really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not something I would normally try but may have to!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you've got to say, and will leave responses below your comments.